Sunday, June 27, 2010

Flea Market Finds



Before I share my finds for the day, I have to share the important lesson I learned today:  When you are going to Yard Sales and Flea Markets on a 95+ degree day, stay hydrated.   I'll spare you the details, but suffice it to say that I missed my niece's graduation party because I didn't follow that little piece of advice.

Moving on...

I scored a few really good items today that I can't wait to work on!  At the very first flea market I found this scruffy table for $3!  It definately needs some work because of the water damage on the top, but I love that it has 2 drop leaf sides.  Once I redo it, it will look great in my living room!

The next smaller flea market at a church netted me two more finds.  The first was a metal table with an enamel top.  Unfortunately, I didn't notice the gouge in the top of the table until after I had paid for it and the lady selling it removed the microwave that was sitting on top of it.  Is there any way to repair that?  No big loss either way, I only paid $2 for it.  I plan to repaint the rusty metal parts.  I'm hoping this will fit next to my computer to hold the TV and printer.
My other purchase was my absolute favorite of the day.  A wonderful little chair for only $2.  I can't wait to do something with this little gem.
I also picked up a pair of shutters for $2 at a random sale and a pair of wooden lattice/shutter pieces.
I have no idea what I will do with these, but I just couldn't resist them.

I picked up a bunch of little .25 and .50 cent things as well, all told, I think my total today was about $15. 
Not too bad!
Hope everyone had a great day yard saling as well, I'd love to see what deals you got today!
Always,
Kelly

1 comment:

  1. Great flea market finds! Love the metal table. I have been looking for something similar to hold my printers too. I am not too sure of the finish but I would try those epoxy repair kits you use to repair a chip on a stove or bathtub.

    ReplyDelete