Saturday, March 14, 2009

Oh Happy Day!

My day started off pretty good. After suffering from a bout of Vertigo since last Saturday, I finally woke up this morning feeling more normal. I still had a little bit of dizziness, but nothing compared to the last week.

My day got better when I ran to Walmart at 730 am (I refuse to go to Walmart on a Saturday anytime after 9am when it turns into what my friend, Tina, calls "Suicide Saturday"). When I'm in Walmart I always look at the pajamas. Do I need pajamas? Heck no, but I always look. Anyway, I found these, pardon the pun, sweet pair of jammies with a cupcake on the top and cupcakes and flowers all over the bottoms. Score! I love anything to do with cupcakes and owls right now and I just had to have these.

So my next stop was the Goodwill Superstore. I love walking through a thrift shop and finding odd little things that appeal to me. I constantly waiver between "I can't believe someone would get rid of that!" to "I can't believe someone paid money for that...and then donated it!" I am currently on a mission to find wool sweaters to felt, owl stuff, cupcakey stuff, fabric and books. A girl can never have too many books. My favorite two sections of any thrift shop are the books and the housewares. You never know what you will find there. Today, this is what I found:




Posted by Picasa



It's way cool and I knew as soon as I saw it what I would use it for, but I have no clue what it is. I snatched it up and moved along to gather a bunch of other stuff -2 big bags full. Grand total $19 and change. I will post the finished product of this once it is completed. Probably not until next weekend.



Once I left the thrift store, I headed to the library, got a bunch of new books and headed home. I kind of overdid it because I was starting to feel dizzy again, so I rested a bit then headed down to my craft room. Since I promised some crafty goodness today, here is a bib I completed. I have no clue who it's for, but I love how it turned out! (I know it's not a great picture, but I'm too beat to go take another picture right now. Trust me on the cuteness just this once.)

Anyway, that's my day so far. Kinda lame to give a blow by blow, but I love days like this so I wanted to share. Now it's time to eat some Chinese food and rest. Tomorrow is another day!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment