Friday, March 13, 2009

Going It Alone

For the past couple of years, I have shared a blog with my sister and a friend. What started as a scrapbooking and papercrafting blog has turned into more of a sewing blog.
I don't post that much on that blog because, well, sometimes, I don't have anything crafty to post and I don't want to ruin the "sanctity" of that space.

So here I am, starting my own blog. I have to say up front that I am NOT big on follow through. I mean well, but I let life get in the way more often than not. So if I disappear at times, bare with me!

I named this blog Lucy's Daughter in honor of my Mom. I lost my Mom on December 21, 2008 to Alzheimer's. While I will never again hear her say "I love you", I will carry her with me each and every day as I sew, quilt, read, listen to country music (Alan Jackson was her favorite!), haunt thrift shops, flea markets and yard sales and even as I look into the mirror (I have her freckles, thanks Mom!).

So here goes...tune in tomorrow for some crafty goodness!

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment