Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thrift Store Score

As I mentioned yesterday, my sister's and I were getting together on Black Friday to craft.  We had a great time, even if we barely got anything done!  We decided we needed to go shopping, which threw off most of our crafty time, but I got a bunch of goodies from the thrift store so that made me happy. (And of course the bonus was that even though we didn't craft much, we did spend time together and that was what was most important!)

One of my favorite finds was this Candy Cane Softy.  As a lover of anything polka dots this was right up my alley.  It was in great condition, but I wasn't loving the lace.
After a bit of pretty white rick rack and 5 minutes of my time, it looks much better and is all ready to hang....somewhere!

I also scored a free 6' bookshelf compliments of my sister.  It was headed to the thrift store and her wonderful hubby (Mr. Cupcake) and my nephew finagled it into the back of my Rodeo so that I have more fabric storage in my studio!
Today I'm going to attempt to make the Tulle Tutu Tree from the tutuorial on Quilted Cupcake.  I got the prettiest vase to use as the base!  We'll see how that goes, I've never worked with Tulle before!
Always,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment