Sunday, December 4, 2011

Homespun Holidays

I am a huge fan of Allison over at Cluck Cluck Sew.  She does amazing work and has awesome ideas.  Two years ago she had a tutorial for a Copy Cat Scarf based on one she saw at The Gap.  My sister made me one for Christmas that year and it's still one of my favorites.

I decided to make the scarf for some quick gifts this year and am so glad I did.  The hardest (and by hardest I mean most time intensive) part is the fringing.  I sewed one up yesterday to make sure it turned out right after washing before doing the other 6 I have planned to make.

Here it is fringed but not yet washed:
After a quick wash and tumble in the dryer, here it is all fringy:

And a close up of the fringing:

I'm so happy how it turned out and am off to make the other 6.  I hope to have them all sewn and ready for fringing before the Ravens game today so I can do all that tedious fringing while watching the Ravens stomp the Browns!

Think I can do it, the game is in 3 hours?  (I wouldn't place money on it, I'm horrible at time management!)

Always,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment