Friday, April 24, 2009

10 Things

Welcome to another episode of 10 things that made me happy this week!

1. Laptops - Come heck or high water, I'm getting a laptop tomorrow! Jeff already got the wireless modem up and running, now I just need to pick out my laptop. I can't wait to blog from bed!

2. Spring - Spring is finally here! It's supposed to be in the 80's this weekend. I hope we have a nice long Spring. I love days in the 70's and low 80's. above 85 is for the birds!

3. New Pajamas - I bought a new pair of summer jammies last weekend. They are washed and ready to wear.
4. Antique Stores - I took a bit of a long lunch today and drove to an antique store I pass every day on the way to work. I spent 30 minutes wandering through it. I could have spent TONS of money, but walked away empty. Sometimes, it's nice to just browse!
5. Decluttering - Jeff and I are still on a decluttering kick. We donated a truckload of stuff to the thrift shop 2 weeks ago and I want to donate more this weekend.
6. Super Secret Folding Methods - Okay, you have to be kind of an OCD geek like me, and it's not really a super secret since I found it posted on a blog for everyone to see (I found it on the Happy Zombie's blog and she learned it from her friend Karen who learned it from Lois Hallock), but finding a way to fold my fabric so that every piece no matter how big or small is the same width has changed me life. I've already spent hours refolding some material and I have tons more to go. Now that I know how to do it, I can't wait to display all my fabric!

7. Paint - I love slapping a coat of paint on something and making it look brand new. (See my last post if you don't believe me!)

8. Old Cats - My oldest cat will be 17 in June. What would I do without him? He's cantankerous, rude and snotty, but he's also a huge love bug and would spend 24 hours a day on my lap purring if I sat still long enough! (Not a great pic, but the only one available to me right now because I don't feel like digging out my disc of pet photos!)
9. Pregnant Nieces - My oldest niece is pregnant with her first child. We went to her baby shower last weekend and she is just so dang adorable! I can't wait to babysit!

10. Family on Facebook - I don't get to see my nieces as much as I'd like to. At the baby shower, I found out they are all on Facebook and have now friended them. I can keep up with them now. Yay! (I should mention that they all think it's hilarious that I have a facebook page and they all think that I'm too old to have one. What happened to being the cool aunt? I guess they grew up. *sigh*)

I hope to post pics of a new thrift store find I plan to paint this weekend and pics of my new laptop this weekend. Oh yeah, and if I get more fabric folded and arranged, I'll take pics of that too!

always,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment