Sunday, April 19, 2009

Color Your World

Anyone who knows me knows I'm a linear, rule follower. I like lists and routine. I have been diagnosed with a touch of OCD. But sometimes, I want to step outside of my comfort zone and try to break my self-imposed rules. When I first set up my studio, I picked a color scheme. That scheme was red, white and black. That was 5 years ago. Over the years I have wanted to add more color, but those darn rules kept bogging me down. This weekend, inspired by my sister's use of many colors in her craft room I was determined to add some diffent colors in mine. After a quick stop at Walmart, I was ready.

A few weeks ago, I posted a picture of a metal thingy (the technical term) that I rescued from a thrift store. When I purchased it, it was white and rusted. After a coat of paint, it was off white. No big leap in imagination there, huh? Today I took a leap. It's now RED. Not just red, but RED.

Next, I painted a small wire birdcage that I found at the thrift store yesterday. I forgot to take a picture of it before, but it was kind of gold, antiquey metal looking. I like it much better in this aqua color:


The color in person is more aqua. This makes it look baby blue.

Lastly I attacked a shelf that Jean had given me last weekend. It was white-ish. It cried out for pink. The color I chose is called Watermelon and I love it! I've already hung it on the wall of my studio and I keep glancing over at it and smiling. (I tried to take a picture down there, but they were all blurry, so I used these from the good ol' kitchen counter.)

I tried to get some sewing done today, but wasn't really in the mood. I think I'll read for awhile and then work on an embroidered towel I've been itching to make.

Hope my splashes of color have made you smile!

always,
K




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I love the watermelon shelf! How cool is that. You go with the colors, sister friend. I'm off to find watermelon paint.....

    ReplyDelete