Monday, August 9, 2010

We Interrupt This Blog For a Special Announcement

I will be updating soon with some recent craftiness, but first, I wanted to make my yearly plea.

On October 30th I will, once again, be walking in the Memory Walk to help raise money for the Alzheimer's Association.  As I have shared in the past, my mom, Lucy, lost her battle against Alzheimer's on 12/21/2008.  I started this blog as a tribute to her and to the creativeness that I inherited from her.

Before she passed, I promised her that I would do my part to help find a cure for Alzheimer's.  When she was first diagnosed, she was literally devastated.  She wanted to give up.  Whenever she was having a bad day, I would tell her that there is hope.  I told her that every day, new advances are being made and there may be a cure right around the corner.

Sadly, it was not found in her lifetime.  But I have not given up the fight.  There are still millions of people suffering from Alzheimer's.

I am not someone who likes to ask for things from others.  I am the one who always buys the candy bars, or orders the pizzas, or the wrapping paper or whatever is asked of me to support my friends' children.  I don't have children, I don't have purse parties or jewelry parties and ask my friends to buy something (not that there is anything wrong with that, but it's not me.) Once a year, I ask this.  For my Mom...and all of those that have lost the fight, but especially for those still fighting.

Please visit my fundraising page Lucy's Daughter and give.  Even if you give a dollar, it is $1 more towards finding a cure.

No comments:

Post a Comment