Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Adventures in Paper Piecing

I belong to a local quilt guild, which is awesome. I never make the classes or meetings because of my work hours, which sucks. My sister's do go, which brings me back to awesome because they keep me updated and teach me the techniques they learn.

On a recent Sister's Day at my sister Jan's house, she taught us paper piecing. Jean being a "Sew Outside of the Lines" kinda girl hated it. I loved it!

It just amazes me that all of the upside-down-backwards sewing can turn into something as cute as this:


Jan also showed us how to do these cool little coasters that will be the giveaway at the guild's upcoming Quilt Show in the fall:


So even though I don't participate in person, I was happy that I, at least, was able to contribute my coasters. We were asked to use fall/autumn colors, so that explains all of the oranges and browns, but I am going to do a set for my house, too, using my favorite fabrics.

always,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment