Sunday, April 15, 2012

Goal Oriented Crafting

I think my biggest challenge in being creative is getting started.  I surf Pinterest and blogs all week thinking of all I can work on over the weekend.  The problem is, once the weekend comes, I have no clue what I actually want to spend time on.  I think I've finally found the way to stay focused.  I got an idea from elleandblair via Pinterest. 

This has literally changed my crafting life. 
 I made my own version of a Goal List (below) based on the one I found and I rotate
out the post-its as needed.

I have always been a "list" person, but once I wrote something on the list I felt bound to it...like I had to do it because I had written it down.  (Hello, OCD!)  This is the perfect solution because if I find something I want to do I add it on a post-it and remove one of my "lesser" goals.  No guilt, no eraser, no messy crossed out lines (which I totally don't believe in anyway!)
How do you stay organized and/or motivated??

By the way, stay tuned for some crafty updates soon.  My sister (Quilted Cupcake) and I spent the day sewing together yesterday and I'm super excited to share the projects I completed and some great tips she passed along to me!

Always,
K

1 comment: